Menu

If you have to count school days, do you think...

MamaCoop04

this is enough to count as a school day? We plan on schooling light during the summer, but am not sure if it's too light to actually count as a "school day"...

5th grade going into 6th

Apologia Zoology 2

LOF and practice with multiplying/dividing

Keyboarding practice

Grammar Land

Reading good books

maybe a little logic

What do you think?? If you think it's too light, what else would you add but would still be considered light? Thanks!!

more than enough.

Seriously If I had to count days it would be any day that we woke up read, and conversed.

The half days schools have are mostly jokes.

now I do hope that people really educate their children more, but for the sake of the counting it would be as above.

That looks like a full day to me. You have science, grammar, keyboarding, math, and reading. We have to count days and that would be a day for us. We have specific subjects that have to be taught, but they do not have to be taught every day. It is suggested that a "day" be about 4 hrs of school for us (again, not totally specified, just suggested by our state organization.)

The things you have planned, plus exercise and other hands on things would easily equal the 4 hrs (and some days will be longer like another poster explained.)

I am planning to do an hour a day during the summer. For every 5hr, I will count that as one day. I based this on the "900 hr or 180 day" requirement by the state.

:iagree:

Our state has the same requirement and that's how I count, as well. For the most part, I count summer days as 1/2 a day of school, since we usually do about 2 1/2 hours of work. I do count read alouds, violin practice, educational field trips and the like as school, but I don't count things such as chores, cooking, cleaning, etc., in my hours. I know there are others that do, but we prefer not to include those, and since we have plenty of hours with our regular schooling, it's not been an issue.