Menu

Remind me NEVER to do THIS again!!! (house-selling)

Honestly, selling a house in a poor market was so horrible DH and I may never buy one again. We got comments like:

- the house is blue (um, it was blue in the listing picture)

- it's too big (well, it did list out all the rooms and the square footage in the listing)

- there's a park across the street (well, what are we supposed to do about that, we thought it was an advantage)

- I don't like the colour in XYZ room (so paint it yourself)

- why are there no cookies? (this may have been my favourite one)

It was so frustrating because we had already left the state and my mum was living there while we tried to sell, and she would park across the street and time how long people would be in there down to the second. We never had anyone steal anything, but loads of things were moved, left opened, rifled through - someone rearranged the cans in the pantry, but I assumed that was a kid.

The title company that is gonna do the closing can give you copies of the required legal docs, and they provide title exams and insurance to cover that side of things.

There is a LOT more wiggle room on the price if you don't have a hefty realtor fee to pay. We have sold two houses to the first and second people that looked at them.

The title company that is gonna do the closing can give you copies of the required legal docs, and they provide title exams and insurance to cover that side of things.

There is a LOT more wiggle room on the price if you don't have a hefty realtor fee to pay. We have sold two houses to the first and second people that looked at them.

I agree - lots of wiggle room price-wise if no agent, but here, it would place one at a definite disadvantage.

I did it once many many years ago, and it worked out fine -- but I am old and tired now.;)