Menu

A Biblical and Historical timeline---question

kfeusse

Has anybody created or found a timeline (bookform) that you have put both Biblical and Historical events in it? I would like to find an EASY timeline to fill out...very basic...very quick...I can barely get eveything done the way it is...but I think a timeline is a good visual way to learn. Can anybody help me out???

This is a very difficult topic. Current secular sources contradict the Bible and even each other. To simplify things I just go full-blown biblical and just don't care who thinks that is "wrong". To be honest this is not from faith, just fatigue.

I use the Table of Contents from MOH for ancient history. http://www.themysteryofhistory.info/pdf/MOHI-2ndEd-TOC.pdf

We purchased this after a friend showed me her copy:

http://www.christianbook.com/big-book-of-history/laura-welch/9780890516232/pd/516232?item_code=WW&netp_id=919342&event=ESRCG&view=details

Now, two things... this is not a timeline that YOU build... it's built for you... nice for busy families if you're afraid it won't get done on its own though. And, it's inexpensive enough that I don't feel bad about marking in some additions. Also, it's built on a very YEC framework.

this looks interesting. Have you purchased anything to go with it...figures or anything???

We bought these from SL; just peel and stick. They are made by Homeschool in the Woods, who puts out a pretty spiffy product.

This past year, there was no room in our teeny tiny school budget for those nice ones from SL, so we printed off these ones from Hannah's Helps on Yahoo.

Edited by Zoo Keeper
added link

http://www.christianbook.com/big-book-of-history/laura-welch/9780890516232/pd/516232?item_code=WW&netp_id=919342&event=ESRCG&view=details

Now, two things... this is not a timeline that YOU build... it's built for you... nice for busy families if you're afraid it won't get done on its own though. And, it's inexpensive enough that I don't feel bad about marking in some additions. Also, it's built on a very YEC framework.

How does this line up with MOH from Adam to Abraham?

We have this book as well and I have been very pleased with it.

Homeschool in the Woods has a two disc combo with thousands of figures with or without written descriptions. You can make them wall or book size. The lady who runs it is Amy Pak and she is so nice and helpful. She also sells a timeline to put your figures in. It's great!

I want this. What pieces do you all have?

The only thing I have is the "Big Book of History" that I originally linked. You can flip through it like a book, or expand it into a 15 foot full timeline. There is a teacher's guide on CBD as well, I don't have it so I'm of no help there.

ETA: I guess they show a "panels only" which isn't what you want... get the original book I linked. The panels are the same content, just without the hardcover outside. Although, I guess maybe you'd want that instead if you were planning to hang it on the wall or something??

The only thing I have is the "Big Book of History" that I originally linked. You can flip through it like a book, or expand it into a 15 foot full timeline. There is a teacher's guide on CBD as well, I don't have it so I'm of no help there.

ETA: I guess they show a "panels only" which isn't what you want... get the original book I linked. The panels are the same content, just without the hardcover outside. Although, I guess maybe you'd want that instead if you were planning to hang it on the wall or something??

Thanks! That helps. I was a little confused. I think I want the TM and the hardcover. I have a tutoring student that really does not understand time, and although fascinated by Timetables of History and the mini timelines I have everywhere, I can sense that she is still in the dark. I think this might lead to the aha moment.

I want this. What pieces do you all have?

:iagree:

I only have the book.

• 1 month later...

I posted parts of this in a previous thread.

I found timeline pages in pdf format on this site for free. http://www.allsewnup.com/2008/08/27/timeline-template/

There are only dates on the timeline, even though she's labeled the sections "Creation to Jesus' Birth", and there's a page with an overview of the evolutionary timeline. It's in landscape format (which I really like). I printed mine two-sided onto ivory cardstock (to give it an "old" feel) and purchased the notebook and a timeline figures CD from Homeschool in the Woods. There are many free timeline figures on the web you can use too, but I really liked the look of the ones they offered.

For the actual timeline dates, Veritas Press has timeline history cards that have Biblical history interwoven. Classical Conversations has put a timeline into the new Foundations guide.