Menu

I love the WTM! You never know where it will lead

A few months ago I was working in the garage and this woman and her daughter walked by our house. We live on the corner coming into our neighborhood and our house is the meeting point for all the kids on this side of our circle. This woman stopped to introduce herself and commented on how there are ALWAYS kids at our house. I said something about having time to play and hsing. Completely off the cuff, just something to say really. That conversation ended an hour later with her borrowing my copy of the WTM and she wanted to come spend a day to see how we hs.

So, she didn't show that week. I didn't see her for a while and just assumed I'd lost my book. I started looking for a used copy to replace it. Yesterday evening I was just getting home and I see her coming down the street carrying something. She was bringing me a cake and to apologize for being flakey. She and her daughter had been sick, then traveling, then etc., etc. She's still reading the book, but she just wanted to let me know she hadn't disappeared with it. We ended up talking with my other neighbors for about an hour outside.

Her dd is 3 and she's already making plans. She's a ps teacher who's staying home with her dd now. It's so fun to watch her getting the thrill started now. So much fun!

That's awesome! I love sharing what we do with those who are genuinely interested. And when you see that light bulb moment when they realize, "Aha! Maybe I can do this, too!"---so exhilarating! Like a secret society that anyone can join, provided they pay homage to SWB and JW, of course! ;)

A few months ago I was working in the garage and this woman and her daughter walked by our house. We live on the corner coming into our neighborhood and our house is the meeting point for all the kids on this side of our circle. This woman stopped to introduce herself and commented on how there are ALWAYS kids at our house. I said something about having time to play and hsing. Completely off the cuff, just something to say really. That conversation ended an hour later with her borrowing my copy of the WTM and she wanted to come spend a day to see how we hs.

So, she didn't show that week. I didn't see her for a while and just assumed I'd lost my book. I started looking for a used copy to replace it. Yesterday evening I was just getting home and I see her coming down the street carrying something. She was bringing me a cake and to apologize for being flakey. She and her daughter had been sick, then traveling, then etc., etc. She's still reading the book, but she just wanted to let me know she hadn't disappeared with it. We ended up talking with my other neighbors for about an hour outside.

Her dd is 3 and she's already making plans. She's a ps teacher who's staying home with her dd now. It's so fun to watch her getting the thrill started now. So much fun!

Very cool! :)