Menu

I can't get Funnix to work - help please

Shellydon

I downloaded Funnix for free last month and cannot figure out how to use it. The only thing I can get to load is an executable file labeled Lesson 1-40. I can't find any worksheets to print at all. The first few lessons are way below my daughter's level and I need to jump ahead to simple CVC words,but I can't figure out how to do that. Can you help me please?

Are you trying in install the 2nd portion of the program or do you simply want to change the number of the next lesson?

Um... both?? I thought that the entire thing installed when I downloaded it. Maybe not. I also want to skip any lessons that focus on sounds only. I am not sure where I need to start though.

I received an email from Funnix telling me I didn't read the instructions.:001_huh:

I think I will just delete the program and move on. Thanks!

Wow. That was gracious. I have emailed them in the past and they were always helpful. :confused: Nothing like a little sarcasm to encourage customers to buy additional products lol!

Sheesh. I'm sorry you received such a "helpful" response :D

Wow. That was gracious. I have emailed them in the past and they were always helpful. :confused: Nothing like a little sarcasm to encourage customers to buy additional products lol!

Sheesh. I'm sorry you received such a "helpful" response :D

It seems that things did not download correctly and I need to uninstall it all and reinstall it. The link has expired (I got during the free trial) so I can't reinstall it. Oh well.

I don't know why lessons 1-40 didn't load but the pdfs should be in the email. The only thing I can think of is did you place it on the desktop instead of the default? There is a pdf that is a teachers guide and if you read that it has a test you can give your child and it will place them in a lesson based on what they are reading. I did it with dd and I don't feel it was completely accurate because it placed her in lesson 10 but she was beyond that point but I didn't know what lesson I should place her in because according to them she couldn't do lesson 40 but there are a lot of lessons between them.

I started using it with lesson 10 but I decided to ditch it because it wasn't really meeting her where she is at. I might use it for the readers in each lesson but I felt it was kind of wasting time with all the stuff they did with sounds which she knows really well, hand writing and teaching how to blend which she also knows. I also don't like the way it is organized.

I don't know why lessons 1-40 didn't load but the pdfs should be in the email. The only thing I can think of is did you place it on the desktop instead of the default? There is a pdf that is a teachers guide and if you read that it has a test you can give your child and it will place them in a lesson based on what they are reading. I did it with dd and I don't feel it was completely accurate because it placed her in lesson 10 but she was beyond that point but I didn't know what lesson I should place her in because according to them she couldn't do lesson 40 but there are a lot of lessons between them.

I started using it with lesson 10 but I decided to ditch it because it wasn't really meeting her where she is at. I might use it for the readers in each lesson but I felt it was kind of wasting time with all the stuff they did with sounds which she knows really well, hand writing and teaching how to blend which she also knows. I also don't like the way it is organized.

The links to the PDFs expired on March 1st, so I can't get to them anymore. It just didn't download correctly. I should have checked it right after I downloaded it, apparently.