Menu

3rd grade lined paper?

Tabrett

Is the newsprint quality acceptable or does it rip and tear constantly? I think this would be much easier than what I am doing now, which is printing lined paper.

Below is the ream of 3rd grade paper I bought online this past year from Miller Pads and Paper. It doesn't tear at all with normal writing. My kids do a lot of erasing and it doesn't tear with that either. It is a little bit of a lighter paper than what I buy for my printer, but not by much. HTH

1 | 062 | White Sulphite Penmanship Paper Ream | $9.99 | $9.99

Choose One: Gr. 3 = 1/2" vertical

That does help. Thank you.

How cheap of quality is the newsprint? Should I spring for the extra $4 for white paper?

My mom just gave me some old essays of mine written on that newsprint. It looked pretty flimsy! But brought back memories.

I'm not sure on the newsprint. I don't care for it because it is so flimsy in general. Then again I'm a paper snob and won't even buy less than 28lb paper for my printer at home. The white sulphite paper isn't 28lb but it's at least 24lb, which is much nicer than typical lined paper.