Menu

Noeo Science Biology II Question about the supplies

Nicholas_mom

Hi,

I wondered if anybody has done Noeo Science Biology II? I was thinking of using this next year for Grade 4. I noticed there was a microscope included in the kit (for 20.00)....Now really...is this microscope really work???:lol:

I wondered your experience with this curriculum.

I have this microscope as well as the Home 1000x microscope from Home Science Tools. I just set them both up and took a look at a couple of slides I had kicking around. You can definitely see the slides in the microscope that comes with NOEO. I can't tell you it's the same as looking through the other one because it's not, but at 100x magnification you do see close to the same thing. The biggest difference is the big scope has much better lighting (fluorescent illumination) so the light is white instead of very yellow so the slide is more clear and crisp.

I haven't used the NOEO Bio II program (although I do own it) so I am not familiar with what you need to look at through the scope.

For grade 4, I think you'd be fine going with the one NOEO sells. :)

Edited by plain jane

I had this years ago. It was just okay. I had a real microscope, so we didn't end up using it. More recently I got a nice little microscope from amazon for my younger two kids.

http://www.amazon.com/My-First-Lab-Duo-Scope-Microscope/dp/B000NOU54O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331349676&sr=8-1

I got it for around $55 though. Amazon likes to constantly change prices on some things.