Menu

Skoldo French users...

I'm considering Galore Park's Skoldo French for my 6 and 9 year olds for next year (my 11 year old is already happily using Galore Park SYRWTL French). Do you need the teacher's book for Skoldo? The student book looks simple enough and seems to come with a pronunciation cd. I can't imagine why I would need the teacher book unless I wanted to make extra worksheets. Any advice?

I'm considering Galore Park's Skoldo French for my 6 and 9 year olds for next year (my 11 year old is already happily using Galore Park SYRWTL French). Do you need the teacher's book for Skoldo? The student book looks simple enough and seems to come with a pronunciation cd. I can't imagine why I would need the teacher book unless I wanted to make extra worksheets. Any advice?

I have some Skoldo workbooks and one of the teacher's books. The teacher's book has basic lesson plan for each workbook page, with oral questions to ask your student (which are on an audio cd) and the extra workbook pages. Have you looked at Skoldo's website? I think you can see all the extra pages there. You don't NEED the tm, but you will need to supplement the student workbook.

Is there another elementary French program you enjoy? Just trying to sift through the best options at this point...

When I start a more formal French program with my youngest I'll probably choose between Skoldo, Alex et Zoe, and Nallenart. Nallenart seems easiest to implement (if you can actually get the program) but I think my son might find it a bit boring. I think he'd like Alex et Zoe the best, but I don't have all the pieces to really implement it. Good luck!

We tried the first level of Skoldo last year (yellow elementary book) and we were all a bit bored of it pretty quickl, it's not very engrossing. There was another thread about skoldo a little while ago here. My dd got fed up of all the colour it in match it up stuff.