Menu

....and the saga continues!

Just because you forgive doesn't mean you have to forget what she did. I wouldn't be able to be friends with her again. I could be civil and polite when we met at social gatherings, but I'd always be wondering what she was thinking or telling others about me.

I wanted a friend to go to coffee with, or to just call up and say "wanna run to Target with me?" for so long.

I feel your pain. Really, truly, because I'm in that same boat.

However, your "friend" is displaying all the characteristics of a true abuser.

It's a pattern, not an event.

Remind yourself of this every time you're tempted to go back to the way it was...which it really wasn't.

Good luck. I know it's hard.

I had to go back and look at what she said to you. Her apology is not the least bit sincere.

This "friend" is a cancer. You should cut her out of your life like one.

Your only obligation is to be polite when you see each other at different functions.

You won't be able to be real with her. And I don't mean baring your soul. She insulted how you do your hair, for goodness sake. You can't even fully be yourself ina casual way without keeping your guard up. You'll be getting dressed and doing your hair wondering what she's going to think. I couldn't live like that. Too much on your guard. If I can't be myself, what's the point? So, really, as sad as it is, that call you uP to go shopping relayionship is gone. It just is. :grouphug: i'm sorry.