Menu

Sonlight Bible

Mommyfaithe

How do you use it? Do you just read the daily reading and move on? Do your kids read to themselves, then narrate? Written or oral narration.

Curious....do you use it more than just a reading schedule? I don't see anything other than that in CoreW. Are other cores more through?

Faithe

With the little kids I just read the selection in teh bible story book and discuss. We do not to the memory work they list. My big are doing bible 110, that one takes a long time and is quite heavy on the reading. They read, we discuss and then we do the questions in the bible study sampler. I do not like the programs they use for bible D-H so that is why we jumped ahead to bible 110

I am not impressed with it. We're using Core G now. I don't like the CD at all. I'm not thrilled w/International Bible Guide (whatever the title, it's not a hit here.) So we're left w/a reading schedule that is erratic and doesn't tie in well to the history portion.

Sorry it's not a more positive review.

We read the story, do a coloring page from a site that is recommended by SL and review the memory verse. That being said, the new changes are supposed to tie Bible in more and make it more meaningful. I am really excited about that as I feel I have been leaning towards being a bit too secular with my hsing choices....future choices that is. I am going back to SL, full time and with a happy heart!

We're doing Core B. We read Leading Little Ones to God every day, but I do all the Bible reading on Mondays while they do their art project. And we don't do the scripture memorization. I could not handle that CD!!! Ugh! I make up songs to other scriptures I want my kids to memorize....

I'm curious... what is wrong with the CD? Is the music bad? or ??? Thanks

Yes, I listened to my friend's CD and decided not to buy it because I couldn't handle listening to the music. I don't think it was so much that they couldn't sing, but more that the style was totally not something I would listen to. Plus it was very traditional - I think KJV - and that's just not us.