Menu

If you used or will use Livy

I bought Ruthorford's "Questions for the thinker" ebook for Livy and love it. It's been 10 years since I've used Livy with a child and while I remember that I didn't have them read them read all the books, I don't remember what I did have them read. It might have been books 1-3 and a few from Hannibal. What are you having your child read? I can't find our copy of the

De Selincourt translation :(

We are reading The Early. History of Rome. (Penguin Classic) Only gotten through the first book.

Can you tell me more about the Rutherford book?

Here's some info on the study guides. http://classicstudyguides.com/

We will read some Livy, but I'm not sure what.

Right now I'm working through Herodotus with the Rutherford guide. We will also use her guide for The Odyssey next year as well.

Here's some info on the study guides. http://classicstudyguides.com/

We will read some Livy, but I'm not sure what.

Right now I'm working through Herodotus with the Rutherford guide. We will also use her guide for The Odyssey next year as well.

Thanks for the link. These look great. I couldn't find any samples, though. Did I just miss them or does she not post samples? Certainly the pdfs are quite reasonable. Are either of y'all using her spiral bound books? Worth it to get both teacher manual and student guide?

I just ordered the individual study guide and it has answers in it. I did see samples online, but can't find them now. Here's an example of some of the first few questions for Book II. There are far more questions than the average person would have time to use.

Book ii

Livy wrote about patriotism. What did he say

What benefit did Rome enjoy as a result of the long years of the monarchy?

What was the primary difference between kings and consuls?

What did the rods signify?

I just ordered the individual study guide and it has answers in it. I did see samples online, but can't find them now. Here's an example of some of the first few questions for Book II. There are far more questions than the average person would have time to use.

Book ii

Livy wrote about patriotism. What did he say

What benefit did Rome enjoy as a result of the long years of the monarchy?

What was the primary difference between kings and consuls?

What did the rods signify?

I appreciate your taking the time to help me out. Thanks! Sorry for hijacking your thread.

I actually found the author at Aquinas, and she is going to contact the webmaster about her site. I see, though, that Emmanuel has individual ebooks, which is probably what we need anyway. Thanks!

Edited by 1Togo