Menu

Need some hair product rec's

for my daughter (almost 2) and me. We both have super-fine hair (not very thick) with some natural curl/wave. Her hair is adorable coils when it's damp, but once it dries it turns into a fuzz ball. My hair always looks messy without product. Unfortunately though, I haven't found a product I like either. Because it's fine, it gets weighed down easily or looks dirty or feels crunchy. My DD's hair is finer yet, like milkweed down.

Can anyone give me some recommendations to try?

for my daughter (almost 2) and me. We both have super-fine hair (not very thick) with some natural curl/wave. Her hair is adorable coils when it's damp, but once it dries it turns into a fuzz ball. My hair always looks messy without product. Unfortunately though, I haven't found a product I like either. Because it's fine, it gets weighed down easily or looks dirty or feels crunchy. My DD's hair is finer yet, like milkweed down.

Can anyone give me some recommendations to try?

I have thick, coarse Asian hair but was given a daughter who inherited hair from her paternal side -- it sounds just like yours and your daughter's! It's been a challenge for me, from day one. It's just so foreign to me.

I gave up, and from about 2-4 she wore her hair up. It was hard because being so thin and slow to grow, there wasn't much I could do with it - I would twist it and clip it. I had to fix the clips several times each day, but eventually found some teeny-tiny jaw clips that were perfect.

Once she hit 5, her hair got a bit less downy and more like 'real' hair. I keep it cut to her shoulders and the added weight seems to help as well. I'll occasionally drop some kukui nut oil in her hair, but only because we already own it; I wouldn't buy it just for this, I don't think. I add it when her hair is damp.

I don't wash her hair daily or even every other day; I do brush her hair throughout each day -and daily- to distribute the oils. That helps with the flyaways and frizz. If the oil is too much, I spritz her with plain water, and fix it damp.

Now that she's six, she's discovered curls. She loves the foam rollers, and I will occasionally let me do pin curls. I do a pea-size drop of silicone (a little goes a way long way in her hair) while it's damp, then roll. The silicone helps with the fuzz-head look once the curls dry.