Menu

Finally found something he will do with no fights!

hsmom

That's awesome! It's always so exciting when they find something to get excited about. :001_smile: What level are you using? Are you happy with it? I'm pretty sure I'm going to use it for my daughter for 3rd grade, but there are not that many reviews out there for it, so I would love to hear what you think of the curriculum.

I got level 1 to start off with. The lessons are short, sweet, simple and straight to the point. The exact way we like it. We are not super far through the program yet, but so far I love the way concepts are explained. They are explained in a way the child 'gets it'. Not all dry and boring. I will give a better review the further along we get.

I got level 1 to start off with. The lessons are short, sweet, simple and straight to the point. The exact way we like it. We are not super far through the program yet, but so far I love the way concepts are explained. They are explained in a way the child 'gets it'. Not all dry and boring. I will give a better review the further along we get.

Thanks so much for your review. Sounds like it will be the perfect fit for us, can't wait to try it out this summer!

DS is doing very well with WWW and does not complain either. However, I am about to add in WWE a couple of days a week as well. Narration with history and science just isn't getting done. We end up going down too many different rabbit trails.

DS is doing very well with WWW and does not complain either. However, I am about to add in WWE a couple of days a week as well. Narration with history and science just isn't getting done. We end up going down too many different rabbit trails.

I also have a 8yo doing this (level 2) and am going to add a couple days of WWE starting next week. For a different reason though. I'm not sure what he's getting out of WWW if he can plow through a week in 15-20 minutes. He's always been very efficient though.

We'll finish it, but I'm not putting all my writing hopes on this particular program. I'm also wanting to do WWS with him when he's older, and I don't feel like WWW will prepare him for that. I plan to use the textbook and pick and choose weeks that will give him the skills he currently lacks (I don't think we'll spend much time on copywork for instance as his spelling, grammar and punctuation are pretty good.).

It remains to be seen whether or not I'll buy the next level.

We also just started WWW level 3. I won't say the kids love it but they seem to like it okay. My problem is that there are 5 daily lessons and we only do seat work 3 days a week so we have to combine lessons. What my DC really love is the Creative Writing from Connect the Thoughts. We only had 2 lessons last week, on our 3rd seat work day they begged to start with the CTT and were disappointed when I said no more until the next week. This "love" may not last long, since the work does get harder but the lack of whining is nice for now.

I think with the comination WWW, which teaches the "mechanics" and a creative writing program we have finally found what works for us.

I also have a 8yo doing this (level 2) and am going to add a couple days of WWE starting next week. For a different reason though. I'm not sure what he's getting out of WWW if he can plow through a week in 15-20 minutes. He's always been very efficient though.

We'll finish it, but I'm not putting all my writing hopes on this particular program. I'm also wanting to do WWS with him when he's older, and I don't feel like WWW will prepare him for that. I plan to use the textbook and pick and choose weeks that will give him the skills he currently lacks (I don't think we'll spend much time on copywork for instance as his spelling, grammar and punctuation are pretty good.).

It remains to be seen whether or not I'll buy the next level.

While I really like WWW, I don't think we'll stick with it for the long haul. It has been a great, gentle introduction and we will continue with it next year. I will also continue to combine it with WWE as I too plan on using WWS with DS later on down the road.

:iagree:

My dd is doing level 1 of GWG, WWW, and SWS. We keep it short...doing usually only 2 pages of each a day. She never complains. I already ordered level 2 of all three so we can start them as soon as we finish these (sometime in the summer I'm guessing).