Menu

getting ready to make my purchases!

anmom

I need some reassurance that I'm not missing something or have too much!

Ds 1st

-horizon math 1

-wwe (workbook only)

-fll 1

-etc 4,5,6 and beyond the code 1-3

Dd k

-horizons math k

-etc1,2,3

Both

-tog yr 1

-Noeo sci biology 1

-piano

-reading various on level books

-harmony fine arts 1

What do you think?

Edited by anmom

Is there letter writing or handwriting in there? I do both my kids on FLL at the same level at the same time. I'd try to get them at the same place possibly waiting a year and introducing FLL2 at that time. We jumped in at FLL3 this year and it is no problem for my 2nd and 3rd grader. It will cut down on the work you do and my kids like doing it all together.

Keep it light on the TOG in my opinion.

I'd suggest not buying three ETC (and beyond the code) books for each of your kids just yet. Don't get me wrong, it's a great program... I just would hesitate before buying three levels of any book. Try book 1 before committing. You can always order more later.

Also, I'd get something like handwriting too. I've had the most success with HWOT and Pentime.

Otherwise -- looks good.

I'd suggest not buying three ETC (and beyond the code) books for each of your kids just yet. Don't get me wrong, it's a great program... I just would hesitate before buying three levels of any book. Try book 1 before committing. You can always order more later.

Also, I'd get something like handwriting too. I've had the most success with HWOT and Pentime.

Otherwise -- looks good.

We did a,b,c and 1,2,3 this yr and the kids loved them.

Do u all still recommend a handwriting program with all the writing in wwe for my 1st grader?

We did a,b,c and 1,2,3 this yr and the kids loved them.

Do u all still recommend a handwriting program with all the writing in wwe for my 1st grader?

We are in 1st this year and my daughter is doing the ETC books and A reason for handwriting. We have not started a formal writing program and I don't plan to until 2nd grade. Just ETC and handwriting for now. She does do science narrations though. She tells me what she wants to say, I write it down, and she copies it. Usually a sentence or two is all. This is what I did with our now 3rd grader and he is doing very well with his writing.

We have always done ETC and handwriting. We are finishing 3rd grade and ds8 is doing ETC book 8 right now (after a lengthy break to do some wordly wise at the beginning of this year). Is there any reason you are not doing books 7 and 8 in ETC? Also, Beyond the Code is a little strange. It is more like a reading program and doesn't necessarily come AFTER all of the ETC books. Have you looked at those to make sure it is what you really want?

The NOEO Science may be wonderful for you all, but it was a flop here. We had a lot better luck with Elemental Science (and it was so much less expensive) when ds8 was in 2nd grade. I am not saying you have to switch, but just wanted to throw that out there incase it was an option you hadn't considered.

I think a handwriting program would be good. We have always used ETC and HWT. We don't do HWT every day, though. Our schedule for the 2 programs is something like 2 pages ETC/no HWT, next day 1 page ETC/1 page HWT, etc. This has kept little hands going in our home! :001_smile: WWE1 is only a sentence and not every day of the 4-day week.