Menu

CLE Math? Still deciding for dd, 7...

LillianinAL

Which other programs compare to CLE Math? Is it more like Saxon, Singapore, etc? I'm deciding between R&S and Saxon right now, as it seems dd would do well with their approaches, but I thought I should look at a couple of other options.

Thanks! Lillian

CLE math is spiral so as I understand it that make it more like Saxon.

HTH-

Mandy

You do need to keep in mind though that it is a paper curriculum with almost no manipulatives. For some children, pictures are just fine, for others that is a problem. It would not have been a good choice for my oldest in the early grades, in fact he really did not take off at all until I switched to a curriculum with consistent use of manipulatives (RightStart). My younger one did great with CLE Math 2 this year, although we went back to the RightStart abacus several times.

Just something to consider...

we have used CLE Math for First and Second grades, and are starting on Third grade with my oldest. I am starting my 5 yr old out on CLE Math first grade this fall.

It works really well for my oldest daughter. She has done very well and likes it a lot. I am hoping it works well for my second, too.