Menu

ideas on redoing the classroom

I would start with paint color. Maybe do a darker under the chair rail and maybe a faux finish above. I wouldn't go dark, maybe something to resemble stone. You could even tape it off to make faux grout lines.

The table you have is good.

This decorating shop always has some interesting items. (some items on there are PG13, fyi) http://www.designtoscano.com/

Put Harry Potter decor into a google search or at Amazon. You'll probably find some great ideas.

I think you could do a few things that scream Potter and have others themed that way, but more transitional. That way if you wanted a change down the road it wouldn't be too costly to do.

I would start with paint color. Maybe do a darker under the chair rail and maybe a faux finish above. I wouldn't go dark, maybe something to resemble stone. You could even tape it off to make faux grout lines.

The table you have is good.

This decorating shop always has some interesting items. (some items on there are PG13, fyi) http://www.designtoscano.com/

Put Harry Potter decor into a google search or at Amazon. You'll probably find some great ideas.

I think you could do a few things that scream Potter and have others themed that way, but more transitional. That way if you wanted a change down the road it wouldn't be too costly to do.

That store is awesome!

• 1 month later...

Ooh, what a great idea! I actually have an empty-ish space I want to make a schoolroom (you can see a picture on my blog!) and didn't consider doing a theme. Right now dh is reading the 6th book aloud, so Harry Potter would go over very well... However, since I don't get to listen to him read much, I don't have a lot of input.

Stuffed owl collection? Candles? Maybe those battery operated kind.

I will have to go google some ideas for you!

• 1 month later...