Menu

Please help me with reading...what books?

soonermomma

I'm going to be totally honest and say that I have dropped the ball on reading with my girls. When I brought them home last year, we did quite a bit of reading, but this year it just hasn't happened. My 6 year old is doing a full 2nd grade curriculum, and reads well, but is not a confident reader yet. My 3rd grader reads well. I have slacked and I do not do much reading aloud and they don't read much other than the required reading out of their readers (Pathway Readers) and some days that doesn't even get done. I need suggestions on great books I can read aloud with both of them. Also, is there a list of good books that are done by grade/reading level? I walk into the library or book store and have no idea how to figure out the grade level of books. I have asked the children's librarian for help, but she is not very helpful! So, any suggestions you have, I would love to hear them! I am ready to make reading a priority again. Thanks!

Do you have a good library system? Do you have Amazon Prime? If so, I'd just buy a used one edition old copy of this book and just start plugging away. :001_smile:

We've always read to DD a lot, but this is an easy peasy way to choose books. I just check off which ones we've read right in the book.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0141001615/ref=tmm_pap_used_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329149192&sr=8-1&condition=used