Menu

Reciprocal programs - your favorites?

I did find one old thread related to this topic: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201403&highlight=astc

We travel quite a bit and love our ASTC membership, so I was digging around for others. Have you used any of these, or do you know of any others?

ASTC - Association of Science and Technology Centers. We have this, love it, and have easily paid for it many times over in our travels. We've had free admittance everywhere we've visited so far.

AZA - Association of Zoos and Aquariums. We've had this. We have yet to visit a zoo other than our own that is a member, but we've heard you usually get 50% off when you use it. (We usually visit our own zoo enough to pay for it.)

ACM - Association of Children's Museums. We don't have any local participating museums, but we noticed a number of museums on our last trip that are members of this.

Interagency Annual Pass - For the Forest Service, the National Park Service, Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, and Bureau of Reclamation. This is on our wish list. We've heard great things about it and plan to get one the next time we visit a National Park.

AHS - American Horticultural Society. Don't know anything about this one. We saw it on the webpage for the Springs Preserve in Las Vegas, but we didn't end up going, so we didn't pursue it.

MARP - Museum Alliance Reciprocal Program. Just found it on google.

NARM - North American Reciprocal Museums. Just found it on google.

We've had the Science Center, the Zoo and the Children's Museum ones at various times and they've all been worth it.

I'd really like to get the zoo membership again, but there's some sort of weird dispute going on between FONZ and the Baltimore Zoo, rendering it a LOT less useful from my point of view so I'm going to wait and hope they get over themselves because in the meantime neither of them are getting my money - I can just walk to the zoo instead of driving (it's free, the membership only pays for parking).

AHS - American Horticultural Society. Don't know anything about this one. We saw it on the webpage for the Springs Preserve in Las Vegas, but we didn't end up going, so we didn't pursue it.
I have been a member of the American Rose Society for 15 years - longer than I have been a parent. ;) Love my membership - great, informative magazine and entrance into many public gardens around the states.

Our zoo is not in the reciprocal zoo program. :glare:

Our science museum is and we do keep a membership there. Two other large science museums in our state are not on the program and it costs us an arm and a leg to visit them. ($40 to see a special exhibit the other day - 2 adults, 1 child. It was so not worth it. And who can afford that?!)