Menu

BFSU High School ????

Does anyone know if their are any plans "in the works" for a BFSU Vol. 4/High School Level(s)? Also - does anyone know of any good high school science programs that are very similar to BFSU? My family loves BFSU (Halcyon hit the nail on the head... it IS da bomb!) and we are trying to replicate it for older kids now that my oldest is doing high school science, but it's hard.

Thanks,

SuperDad

I've been reading a lot of his stuff the past few days and saw that he wrote the curriculum in response to teaching underprepared students at the CC. I asked him if the K-8 included all the prep necessary to do well in an environmental science course at a CC, and he said it would prepare for one of his classes, but to check with the individual CC.

Having had two boys work their way through CC non lab classes at the CC, the k-8 looks like more than enough prep for the nutrition class they took. The high school math and science my boys completed did NOTHING to help them in their non lab CC science classes (If they had taken lab science to prepare for transfer to a 4 year college that would have been different).

All the time we spent on high school science and math, took away from time we could have spent on learning to write a research paper, which they DID need to know to pass the CC science class.

So depending on what you are planning on after high school, you might want to master BFSU and research paper skills, instead of looking for a "high school" curriculum.