Menu

Gave him too long of a leash...

So... with our crazy work/homeschool shared schedule, DH and I decided that rather than have the kids fighting first thing in the morning we would school our early-rising Kindy when she gets up (usually around 7:30 a.m.) and leave DS9 sleep in. He has his list of work for the week and knows that if he wakes up he is supposed to hang out in his room and read, do independent math review work, or write until DD is done with her math, English, and reading.

This morning I go to wake him/get him and he is sitting in his room playing his PSP. He even let the dog pee in his room rather than get up to let her out because he didn't want me to know he was awake.

I made him clean the carpet and took away his PSP. I am so disappointed in his choices today. I thought he could handle a little freedom and responsibility for his own work but I guess I was wrong.

Grrrr.....

I laughed out loud when I read this! I can totally imagine either one (or both!) of my boys doing something like this at age 9. Avoiding work was something of a religion for them back then. :lol:

Ages 9, 10, and 11 must be the "terrible" years. My boys got much easier once they hit the teens.