Menu

Non update on my Ph. D. applications.....

This post is simply neurotic speculation.

I applied to 4 programs - the ones I could possibly commute to. They are so highly competitive that it is recommended you apply to 15+.

I did a search and found the following:

A couple of applicants have gotten rejection letters from one of the places. I do not have a rejection letter. Another applicant has a scheduled interview. I don't have one of those, either. My guess is this: I made the first pass of not being rejected, but not the first round of interviews. ??

At another institution, an applicant called and was told that acceptance/rejection letters were going out "by the end of the week of Jan. 23 and interviews will be 2/16 and 2/17." Another applicant already knows they have an interview on one of those days. I have neither a rejection nor interview.

The other 2 applications are at the same place, both clinical psych programs but in different departments. Nothing has been posted this year about them. Previous years show activity starting around this time.

:grouphug: Waiting is hard.

It is. I am mostly ok waiting. That is probably because my plan B is just fine, if a bit vague. It would involve continuing to teach, but taking the test(s) and finding additional work as an LPC/LMFT/LCDC.

I searched today primarily because my teaching boss asked me if I knew yet if I'd be back. I love that job.

Hi Joanne,

Can you call? I called my doctoral program because quite a few people had received letters and I had not. It was a glitch, I was accepted and they told me over the phone and I received my letter like 5 days later. I was convinced I had been rejected because people had received their letters. I know it is a killer wait, best of luck to you!! Hopefully you will hear something shortly. You must be stalking the mail carrier...I was...for weeks :lol:.