Menu

Who uses KISS grammar here?

We use it! We only just started, after reading the massive KISS thread a couple of weeks ago. It finally makes sense! We really, really, really, really like it. (Is that enough reallys? I will find the link for you.

Exactly the same scenario here. We did Voyages in English for years, but DD hated the writing part, so we split and went with KISS and WWE/S. I thought she had a good handle on grammar until we started KISS. We are fast tracking through 1 & 2, but honestly I'm getting stumped on some of it. However, English was not my first language so I really just did what I could to get by, even through college.

Once you wade through the website and download the teacher guide and the student pages you are good to go.

Good luck.

We use it! We only just started, after reading the massive KISS thread a couple of weeks ago. It finally makes sense! We really, really, really, really like it. (Is that enough reallys? I will find the link for you.

Exactly the same scenario here. We did Voyages in English for years, but DD hated the writing part, so we split and went with KISS and WWE/S. I thought she had a good handle on grammar until we started KISS. We are fast tracking through 1 & 2, but honestly I'm getting stumped on some of it. However, English was not my first language so I really just did what I could to get by, even through college.

Once you wade through the website and download the teacher guide and the student pages you are good to go.

Good luck.

Thank you so much. I really like the samples I have seen so far. I have a super fast B&W printer, so I think the printing aspect is possible. I just have to figure how to navigate through the website. :001_huh: So glad to hear positive reports about it!

I currently have the workbook. There are two ways of approaching KISS. The first way is take the grade level the child is on and work it through. The second is a self pace based upon where the child is at grammatically.

Here is the program:http://home.pct.edu/~evavra/kiss/wb/PBooks/index.htm#Intro_to_KISS

I am sorry if you already have it.

I started my 4th grader in 2nd grade. He moved through it quickly. I feel that he did learn a lot because he did Rod and Staff Grammar with no problems. I am going back to it for my younger son. Just my experience.

Blessings in your homeschooling journey!

Sincerely,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

I FINALLY have it loaded into both dcs laptops AND my ipad with Notability. I even have a pen .. that is super cool. Now I just need TWO ipads, lol. OR I need to figure out a way they can write on pdfs using their laptops screens. We are on our last week of ALL and are ready to dig into KISS. I have decided to go with the 6th grade Level 1 for both students, after looking over the 3rd grade one. I like the 3rd grade, but it might be easier for us to work it together if we stay on the same stories. We'll see how it goes.

Halycon, how has it been going for you so far? Any hang ups, things you needed to clarify in Level 1 or has it been pretty self explanatory?