Menu

Would You Join Something Like This....

I have been looking for books for FIAR several of them are out of print. Is there any swap around the passes along these great books that are out of print and too expensive to buy from places like ebay. So I am thinking if you had a group of say 12 people and if each had a book or so we could all swap the book keep the book for a determined time and then pass it along to the next person. The book would make its way around and then be returned to its original owner. Would you join a group like this and if so what type of conditions would you put in place if a book was damaged along its travels?

We used and loved FIAR when my child was younger.

I probably wouldn't join a lending library such as that because the OOP books vary so much in price and value. What if someone lost or ruined one of the more valuable books but couldn't afford to replace it? I was recently burned when lending out a book. I still lend out books to people I know and trust. Otherwise, no. My opinion may be jaded.

You can have my copy of The Giraffe That Walked to Paris when you pry my cold, dead fingers from it. ;)
:iagree:

:lol:

I found mine - mint condition, including dust jacket - at Half Price Books for $7.

I seriously felt like I was stealing as I walked up to the counter to pay for it. After I paid, I asked the cashier if she was aware that it was a highly prized OOP book. She said she didn't know, didn't care. She just laughed and congratulated me. I'm sure she thought I was nuts being so giddy over a children's book.

:iagree:

:lol:

I found mine - mint condition, including dust jacket - at Half Price Books for $7.

I seriously felt like I was stealing as I walked up to the counter to pay for it. After I paid, I asked the cashier if she was aware that it was a highly prized OOP book. She said she didn't know, didn't care. She just laughed and congratulated me. I'm sure she thought I was nuts being so giddy over a children's book.

I got my mint copy of Down Down the Mountain for .50 at a used book sale - I offered to pay more but they refused:001_huh:

I wouldn't join either, but that's because I've managed to find most of the out of print ones at my thrift shop.

What ones are your looking for? Maybe we can help you track them down

All of them from volume one and two the out of print ones. I am going to the half price book stores in the area regularly to see if I see any of them, no luck so far but I am going out agian tommorow.