Menu

What should I do with these heart-shaped marshmallows?

If they're big, you could mold Rice Krispy treats around them, or embed them in fudge before it hardens, one per piece. Maybe stick into brownie batter and see if they will hold shape while baking?

These pops look cute http://ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com/conversation-heart-marshmallows/2012/01/27/

No way, do you think that would work?? That's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Now to google and see if they would melt. They probably would. There MUST be a way to do this...

No way, do you think that would work?? That's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Now to google and see if they would melt. They probably would. There MUST be a way to do this...

I don't think they'd melt in the fudge or Rice Krispy treats (you could use the chocolate Rice Krispies or whatever is the equivalent for greater contrast). I don't know about the brownies. Could you try a small test batch just to see?

I don't suppose you have a heart-shaped cookie cutter the right size so that you could punch out a hole in the brownie or treat and insert the marshmallow?

Yes, I thought of that! We actually do have a heart cutter like that, so I need to see. Also, isn't it possible to pull them out part way through baking? But then they'd still deflate. But I think we can figure something out. I'm going to toss out the ideas to dd and let her pick.