Menu

Uncovering the Logic of English?

Mommamia

We have only finished three weeks of it with my 1st grader, but I can already say, hands down, I LOVE IT! I tried SWR and PR, and this by far is the easiest to implement. Rules are presented first with new phonograms, then concepts pertaining to those rules are practiced. After concepts have been practiced you introduce the spelling list. It's so logical in its presentation. Grammar is built in beautifully using dictation and compostition with the spelling words. I don't have the games, so we practice a lot with a white board. So far, I haven't found anything negative. A big plus is that every 5th week/lesson is a review week of all previously learned concepts to make sure the student has internalized what they have learned. All I can say is I finally found my LOVE :)

We have only finished three weeks of it with my 1st grader, but I can already say, hands down, I LOVE IT! I tried SWR and PR, and this by far is the easiest to implement. Rules are presented first with new phonograms, then concepts pertaining to those rules are practiced. After concepts have been practiced you introduce the spelling list. It's so logical in its presentation. Grammar is built in beautifully using dictation and compostition with the spelling words. I don't have the games, so we practice a lot with a white board. So far, I haven't found anything negative. A big plus is that every 5th week/lesson is a review week of all previously learned concepts to make sure the student has internalized what they have learned. All I can say is I finally found my LOVE :)

La La La La...I'm not listening!...La La La La :tongue_smilie:

I had everything all planned out for dd4 for Kindergarten. I've been following the Logic of English threads closely because it sounds really great. My only hesitation has been if it would work for a beginning reader.

What do you think? :bigear:

La La La La...I'm not listening!...La La La La :tongue_smilie:

I had everything all planned out for dd4 for Kindergarten. I've been following the Logic of English threads closely because it sounds really great. My only hesitation has been if it would work for a beginning reader.

What do you think? :bigear:

Ha, Ha!!! Give in, give in ;)

My dd is already reading pretty fluently. There is a schedule for beginners covering a lesson over two weeks, but I think I would get my dd reading before using the essentials curriculum. My dd seems a perfect age for it now. That said, a K program is in the works. They are hoping to have it ready by fall but there is no release date as of yet. I also have a rising dd K next year. So I'm really hoping to get in on their beta testing when that's ready.