Menu

SWB Lecture recs

Teaching students to work independently, and Homeschooling the real child (I think this is the name) are both very good.

These are both really good. Ironically, the Teach Your Child to Work Independently convicted me that I was expecting too much independence in some subjects from my older kids and in most areas from my youngest. I hadn't scaffolded them well into independent work.

What I would Do Differently by Jessie Wise is another good one.

Actually I can't think of any I'm disappointed with. The Real Child, however, is a gem. And it's worth looking at the lecture notes, which include a bunch of pictures of her family. That way you'll know why everyone is laughing.

I'm actually having difficulty downloading the Real Child lecture. I've tried a few times now and it opens in a new window with the audio (quicktime) going...but I want to SAVE it. I have two more downloads left and I'm hesitant to try it because I don't want to waste my downloads and not get to save it. Ideas?