Menu

Life's great questions...

So, I'm spending a little time to myself while my boys are in "quiet time" so naturally, I decided to pop on the tv and started watching Food Network. I'm watching someone make banana muffins w/ cream cheese frosting and a thought occured to me: what's the difference b/w muffins & cupcakes? Both have flour, eggs, sugar, etc. Both can be topped w/ frosting, or not but only one is an acceptable option at breakfast? We would never allow our kids to have cupcakes for breakfast but a muffin is ok. What's the deal with that? Is it the fact that we call it a "muffin" that makes it ok?

Does anyone else have one of life's nagging questions that they'd like to share (and I'm not talking about discussing the theory of relativity, here)? :D

I know... I think about that often... it's a plaguing life question... especially when it comes to chocolate muffins.

Muffins are actually more dense than cupcakes. That's the only real difference as far as I can see! And most people wouldn't put fruit in a cupcake... if they did, they'd call it a muffin!

Here's one of mine. Why are things that we wear north of the belt all singular when everything south of the belt is a pair? Even when things above the belt can be worn on... um... pairs just like things below the belt? Where is Ghandi when you need him?!

My dh and I had a similar discussion about those little individual pies and breakfast. Ds wanted to eat his apple pie (about 5" in diameter) for breakfast. Dh said you don't have pie for breakfast. I asked if Hostess knew that, and all of those danishes too. he relented and ds got his pie.

My burning life question is how come I crave time to be alone, but today I'm alone and going out of my mind.