Menu

The Artist (the movie)

Oh my...my daughter and I went to see that. We were deeply impressed by its beauty.

Spoiler alert:

But I wished someone had warned me about the suicide scene. Several months ago, we lost one of my dds' best friends and her husband in a double suicide. I also lost my father to suicide. We are still raw and reeling. So, by the time he had that gun in his mouth, my daughter and I were full out, heaving sobbing. It. was. so. hard. to. see. The lead in to that scene was very effective. A little too effective for us.

And then the screen said, "Bang!" And people (who'd must have seen it previously) laughed. It shocked us because we didn't know what was coming.

Somehow though, we ended up feeling a little healed by it, which is why we thought is was beautiful.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:, Natalieclare.

Yes, the friend I was w/ when I saw it lost her fil the same way & it affected her too.

I hadn't seen the movie previously, but I too was surprised when people laughed at the 'Bang!' screen. Laughter seemed out of place for the scenario, kwim?

My husband, daughter and I saw it this weekend, too. (We had planned to take my son, but he spent the day at a theme park with friends, instead.)

It really was gorgeous, just a wonderful film.

My one issue was that I worried about the dog the whole time. I might enjoy it more if I saw it again, this time knowing nothing happens to that puppy!