Menu

Polished Cornerstones

MrsMe

I purchased it to use with my oldest DD. It isn't really scheduled. It's a do-it-as-you-will type thing and the activities are different for different age ranges, so the time spent would vary. We have enjoyed what we've done. We don't really follow a schedule with it, we just choose something and work on it at our leisure.

I purchased it to use with my oldest DD. It isn't really scheduled. It's a do-it-as-you-will type thing and the activities are different for different age ranges, so the time spent would vary. We have enjoyed what we've done. We don't really follow a schedule with it, we just choose something and work on it at our leisure.

Could you give us some idea of the various activities that are scheduled? Is it like Keepers of the Home for older girls? What is the youngest age you would say would get something out of this? With 3 girls myself, I have looked at this with interest but didn't know anyone who actually used it. :bigear:

Could you give us some idea of the various activities that are scheduled? Is it like Keepers of the Home for older girls? What is the youngest age you would say would get something out of this? With 3 girls myself, I have looked at this with interest but didn't know anyone who actually used it. :bigear:

:bigear:

http://www.doorposts.com/Samples/PC2ndSample.pdf

They have a sample chapter up...

Improvements to the new edition include:

• Easier-to-read, updated text and layout
  • Easier-to assign projects (now divided into beginning, intermediate, and advanced)
  • More help with choosing and planning projects, with sample lesson plans and step-by-step instructions
  • More projects for younger girls ages 4 through 9

My daughter will be 6 next month and most of the activities are too old for her, imo. BUT it is meant to be a resource for YEARS, so that doesn't worry me. I did purchase the Little Keepers of the Faith for her because that was more age appropriate for now.

An example of what is in Polished Cornerstones:

It's broken up into sections like:

A godly woman

A loving woman

A devoted woman

A patient woman

etc.

Each section contains several activites that focus on the character trait that span over different ages.

So, in "A Loyal Woman" there are activities such as:

"Pray regularly with your parents for the spiritual growth of the young man who will someday become your husband. Pray, too, for the spiritual growth of the giri (you!) who will become his wife."

or

"Read through the book of Proverbs with your parents, writing down all verses and observations about what Solomon says about friendships and getting along with others."

or

"Read books about the lives of missionaries, persecuted Christians, and martyrs who have suffered for their loyalty to Jesus. From where did they get their strength? How were others affected by their faithfulness to Christ? What can you learn from their lives? Write a book report about at least one of these books."

Most sections have bible verses pertaining to the trait to memorize, suggestions for physical activities to go along(for example, in "a diligent woman" one is to establish a regular daily schedule and post it in your room), book recommendations, etc.

ETA: I do NOT have the newer version.

My daughter will be 6 next month and most of the activities are too old for her, imo. BUT it is meant to be a resource for YEARS, so that doesn't worry me. I did purchase the Little Keepers of the Faith for her because that was more age appropriate for now.

An example of what is in Polished Cornerstones:

It's broken up into sections like:

A godly woman

A loving woman

A devoted woman

A patient woman

etc.

Each section contains several activites that focus on the character trait that span over different ages.

So, in "A Loyal Woman" there are activities such as:

"Pray regularly with your parents for the spiritual growth of the young man who will someday become your husband. Pray, too, for the spiritual growth of the giri (you!) who will become his wife."

or

"Read through the book of Proverbs with your parents, writing down all verses and observations about what Solomon says about friendships and getting along with others."

or

"Read books about the lives of missionaries, persecuted Christians, and martyrs who have suffered for their loyalty to Jesus. From where did they get their strength? How were others affected by their faithfulness to Christ? What can you learn from their lives? Write a book report about at least one of these books."

Most sections have bible verses pertaining to the trait to memorize, suggestions for physical activities to go along(for example, in "a diligent woman" one is to establish a regular daily schedule and post it in your room), book recommendations, etc.

ETA: I do NOT have the newer version.

Thank you for sharing this! I've been considering purchasing it for a while now :)

So for instance we could do it once and week and nothing would be lost???