Menu

how to protect artwork?

We've just started doing a lot of artwork on a regular basis, mostly drawing. I need ways to protect the paper so we can display it. I have 8x11 page protectors but they are too small. Do they come in bigger sizes? Would Office Max/Depot have them? Any other ways of keeping pencil drawings looking good?

Thnx.

Could you buy a frame for each of your artists and rotate their work through the frame for display? Then you could have them each make a portfolio to store the rest of their artwork (out of large sheets of cardboard and yarn or D-rings) and weed through that at the end of each school year and keep their best work or their favorites.

If you want to display multiple works at once and don't want to bother framing them, you could hang a thin clothesline along a wall and use clips to hang work from the line. The papers are more likely to be wrinkled using this method, though.

Matt Spray would work well.. use outside! Nasty stuff.

http://www.pearlpaint.com/shop_details~ocID~9999~parentID~9988~categoryID~9976~sku~636176.htm

Also places like Target, Michaels, and Walmart carry inexpensive plastic box frames (just cardboard on the back that slide over the art work, therefor easy to take apart if you want to showcase another piece later on.

http://www.utrechtart.com/dsp_view_product.cfm?Item=40443

Well, I'm not sure about what to use for displays, but I have had these on my wish list for a while for storing in an easy-to-view way. If you scroll down, you can see all the size options. I have a seen a small selection of these available at Hobby Lobby. I would think most craft-type stores would carry at least a few of the sizes also.

Well, I'm not sure about what to use for displays, but I have had these on my wish list for a while for storing in an easy-to-view way. If you scroll down, you can see all the size options. I have a seen a small selection of these available at Hobby Lobby. I would think most craft-type stores would carry at least a few of the sizes also.

We use the art portfolios. You can find them at art supply stores as well as craft stores.