Menu

Is this fair?

Ann, I wake up anywhere from 6pm (during the summer) and 8am (during the winter). Since moving to this dark house, I might not wake up before 9am. I don't set an alarm because it usually doesn't help; I just hit off and fall back asleep. I tried putting the clock where I have to get out of bed; I just get back in. If I'm having a dizzy day, I might fall on the way to the clock.

I prefer letting myself wake naturally because I have a very hard time falling asleep. I'll lay awake anywhere between 1 and 4 hours before falling asleep, which means I don't fall asleep until anywhere between 12am and 4am. I've been taking Benedryl at night for the past two weeks and now fall asleep between midnight and 1am so it is helping.

Today's schedule:

7am: wake up and pass back out

9am: wake up, feel dizzy, take meclizine and crawl back in bed to let it work

9:30am: get out of bed, shower, get dressed, wait for brain to wake up

10:30am: make muffins, tell big kids to do x subjects for school

11:30am: eat muffins for breakfast

12:00pm: do some learning activities with DS4

1:00pm: get bigs started on new project for science

3:00pm: time to think about eating lunch since we haven't yet (not much food in the house)

I've been having one of my more distracted, non-functional days. I'm tired from the meclizine, have a headache, and am struggling with mild depression lately.

On a good day, our schedule works a lot better and I get a lot done...though in my normal haphazard way. (Friends and pediatrician think I have ADD; my doctor won't medicate without $800 testing I can't afford.) I'm just not having as many of those in this dark, dreary house. Plus it is winter. I normally struggle with depression, energy, and motivation during the winters anyway. Summer is my friend. :)

Obviously, I was having a bad day yesterday. Today is one of my low energy, low mood days which is a step up. Maybe tomorrow will be good.

:grouphug:

don't worry about the laundry......

i'm thinking more outdoor daylight time, or an indoor light that mimics the sun...... and a sleep schedule, even if you aren't asleep, kwim?

its a lot.....

:grouphug:

ann

It sounds like you might have SAD- seasonal affective disorder. A lot of people in WA state do. Get a happy light.

If your doctor won't diagnosis or treat you, find another doctor.

I agree with pp that having no set meal times and such a varied start to the day would make it hard for your kids to regulate themselves to this sort of task.