Menu

Random Acts of Kindness Week 7 of 52

Sorry, I slacked again on starting this thread this past Sunday!

This thread is supposed to run from Sunday, January 1st, to Saturday January 7th.

Anyone have any acts of kindness to report yet for this week?

We were driving home from my aunt's house in New Jersey on New Years Day, and when we crossed back into PA, we paid the toll for the car behind us! I hope it put a smile on someone's face that day! :)

Today I stopped by the apple orchard to pick up some Crispin Apples for my kids when I noticed they had 2 leftover pies (one cherry, one apple) that were dayold and therefore 1/2 price and within my budget! Just when I asked for the apple one, I heard a sigh behind me in line (only 2 of us in line) and this elder gentleman turned and started leaving. I quickly went over to him and asked if he was hoping for the apple - he was - so I gave him mine! He was dumbfounded and embarassingly appreciative!

Myra

Today I stopped by the apple orchard to pick up some Crispin Apples for my kids when I noticed they had 2 leftover pies (one cherry, one apple) that were dayold and therefore 1/2 price and within my budget! Just when I asked for the apple one, I heard a sigh behind me in line (only 2 of us in line) and this elder gentleman turned and started leaving. I quickly went over to him and asked if he was hoping for the apple - he was - so I gave him mine! He was dumbfounded and embarassingly appreciative!

Myra

Aw, love this!

Well, my random act of kindness was so random that I didn't see it coming! We got a call this afternoon that my MIL had been throwing up for 3 days and was in terrible pain. Dh (an RN) went over there and called me to come bring some medical supplies so that he could help her out. When I got there I helped FIL get some dinner on the table and then cleaned the kitchen. I couldn't get all the grease off of the stove but I did get a number of layers off! The counters are now clean, the refrigerator relieved of some moldy dishes, and FIL has now had a lesson on how to run a dishwasher.

I am visiting my sister this week and have fed and changed her baby twins numerous times allowing her to get some of her unpacking finished, vacuumed her kitchen, taken care of her dog, and watched her older twins (well dd has been great in that department)