Menu

Sharing a great link for K-12 art project ideas, from a K-12 art teacher

Moms,

I just found this awesome link to an art teacher's blog/website tonight. Her art projects are categorized by grade, artist, media, etc. and contain plenty of "before, during and after" pictures of her student art work, with lists of art supplies for each. It's terrific! Enjoy :D

http://afaithfulattempt.blogspot.com

As an art teacher in a classical private school, myself, I appreciate a resource for shared ideas. I really like several of this teacher's ideas and I've bookmarked it, but overall I think the lessons lack in teaching students how to actually build artistic skills. Not to say it isn't a good resource, I just mean that there should be more added to lessons of this type.

I fully believe that art should be fun and enriching, but it should also be a subject that is approached with the serious intent of building drawing skills and learning techniques with a variety of mediums. Once this foundation is in place, then the lessons should be supplemented with fun projects such as the majority of ones on this website.

Just my opinion fwiw.

Blessings,

Lucinda