Menu

Online colleges that will allow 15 y.o. sophomores in classes?

Clovis Community College in New Mexico allows dual enrollment and they have a bunch of online classes. The fees are $267 for up to six units for a non-resident.

Your local community college may also have online classes and offer dual enrollment. My DD is taking online classes at our local community college and if all goes well this Spring semester, she will also take a few online classes at Clovis Community College in the fall.

Clovis Community College in New Mexico allows dual enrollment and they have a bunch of online classes. The fees are $267 for up to six units for a non-resident.

Your local community college may also have online classes and offer dual enrollment. My DD is taking online classes at our local community college and if all goes well this Spring semester, she will also take a few online classes at Clovis Community College in the fall.

:iagree: regarding Clovis Comm College.

Our dd used them as a 16-, 17-, and 18- year-old. As I posted elsewhere, they are used to dealing with deployed military personnel worldwide and thus, they handle online courses very efficiently. Their tuition and fees are extremely low, much lower than our in-state tuition costs at the local comm college (which my dd was not allowed to enroll in until a junior). Just sign your child up under "personal enrichment." All of my dd's credits earned were fully transferable to our Florida state university system.

For those that have used Clovis -- what did you as the parent and your kids think of the courses that they took?

I have been to their website and am very interested but am very gun-shy with all of the negatives I've been reading lately about online courses. I don't want to waste my money, and I am looking for quality courses that my dd could find success with.

Any information you all are willing to share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Angie

I forgot to mention that my dd would be a 14.5 yr old freshman (chronologically speaking). Would this be a problem with Clovis? She took the ACT and scored well enough that she would be admitted easily if she were older.

Also, their website only shows courses for the Fall 2010 semester. Do any of you know where to get the current online course offering list?

ma23peas --

UofA Early College looks very promising. Thanks for posting! Have any of your students taken their courses by chance?

Their website states that the tuition is set prior to each fall semester and is different each year. However, nowhere do I find how much it actually costs even for the current year. Anyone know what the prices are?

Thanks, Angie

:iagree: regarding Clovis Comm College.

Our dd used them as a 16-, 17-, and 18- year-old. As I posted elsewhere, they are used to dealing with deployed military personnel worldwide and thus, they handle online courses very efficiently. Their tuition and fees are extremely low, much lower than our in-state tuition costs at the local comm college (which my dd was not allowed to enroll in until a junior). Just sign your child up under "personal enrichment." All of my dd's credits earned were fully transferable to our Florida state university system.

Can you please explain signing up under "personal enrichment" as opposed to dual credit? Looking ahead for next fall.

• 1 month later...