Menu

Anyone use Logos Bible software?

I bought this for dh as a suprise Christmas present and have been playing with it. I could probably spend all day on there looking at cool links, references, charts, graphs, pictures, etc. I'm definately thinking we can use this for school. If anyone else uses it I would love to know how you've incorporated it.

My dh isn't a pastor but we've been attending some biblical counseling courses for the last few years and they have mini sessions about the software. We have to submit a large number of lengthy essays when we decide to pursue certification so dh really wanted the software but every year decided he couldn't spring for it. He even avoided going to the mini session so he wouldn't be tempted since he's a sucker for a good sales pitch:lol:

I surprised him with it on Christmas but he hasn't even had a chance to play with it. I started playing with it and immediately got excited about using the handouts and visual aides. I know dd will the love biblical family tree section and I am excited about using the Latin and Greek tools in the future.

We have been using the free app for a while. I really enjoyed using it while listening to sermons or just reading on my own. It's also great for when you are teaching because you can just click on a reference and it brings it up for you without turning pages.

The paid version is just like the free version on steroids. It has all those tools plus a lot of others. The main benefit to the paid versions are the book collections that come with it. The free version has some books and commentaries in it that are used when you search a topic or verse. Each level of the paid version comes with additional books. It ranges from 80 or so books in the home study light version all the way up to something like 4000 books in the top package aimed at Pastors. Also the paid version comes with the desktop software which has pre-loaded reports that give you an exegetical breakdown of the text as well as links to every book in your collection/library that references the text you searched for.