Menu

I am totally moving up through the ranks!

SunD

We exchanged gifts with DH's parents, and I really have to give some examples from previous years to give you some idea of how major this is!

Last year the kids got a swing set, a Power Wheels jeep, tons of toys (whatever the "hot toys" were, I don't even remember), tons of clothes. I'm talking about five or six packages each of toys and clothes. DH got an XBox, expensive sunglasses, and seat covers for his truck. I got a pack of hot chocolate mix and a tiny candle that my MIL got as a favor at a baby shower that took place four months earlier. I know this because I was also AT the baby shower!

So. This year the kids got bikes, bean bag chairs, a see-saw, tons of toys (La La Loopsy dolls? plus more), and of course tons of clothes. (They just now fit in the ones from last year because MIL insists on buying two sizes too big, but whatever.) DH got a TV and the Star Wars Saga movie set. I got ... a Belgian waffle iron!

I am baffled. I was seriously expecting it to be socks or something. I must have done something right this year.

We exchanged gifts with DH's parents, and I really have to give some examples from previous years to give you some idea of how major this is!

Last year the kids got a swing set, a Power Wheels jeep, tons of toys (whatever the "hot toys" were, I don't even remember), tons of clothes. I'm talking about five or six packages each of toys and clothes. DH got an XBox, expensive sunglasses, and seat covers for his truck. I got a pack of hot chocolate mix and a tiny candle that my MIL got as a favor at a baby shower that took place four months earlier. I know this because I was also AT the baby shower!

So. This year the kids got bikes, bean bag chairs, a see-saw, tons of toys (La La Loopsy dolls? plus more), and of course tons of clothes. (They just now fit in the ones from last year because MIL insists on buying two sizes too big, but whatever.) DH got a TV and the Star Wars Saga movie set. I got ... a Belgian waffle iron!

I am baffled. I was seriously expecting it to be socks or something. I must have done something right this year.

Oooooh...I covet your waffle iron! How long have you been married?

Oooooh...I covet your waffle iron! How long have you been married?

Five years. Our anniversary was the week before Christmas. Maybe this is an anniversary gift too? Hm.

It is a step up from the regifted circus-shape waffle iron I've been using.