Menu

So glad to be back

Now that the holiday busyness is over I can be back online more :D Being that my life is never simple funny story that worked out well for me. Last weekend I was driving to my folks to attend their annual christmas party. Just as we got into the city (2 hours from home), my transmission blew and I was stranded. My uncle had to come rescue us and we had to spend a week living at my folk's place. As most of you have noticed in the past, they help me often but drive me nuts, have no understanding of the kids disabilities, think all my parenting choices are nuts etc. In other words it was a rough week, BUT some good did come out of it.

My dad bought me a new car! He is tacking the cost of it onto the mortgage amount I pay every month, so it extends my over all pay schedule by a few years but I now have a new car. It is a 2009 Chevy Cobalt. My van that blew was a 2000 ford windstar with 210, 000 KM on it. So this is a huge improvement even if it is a lot smaller than the van. I also had a huge blow out with my mom and sister but once it led to them really listening to me for once and seeing things my way, also seeing things more closely (they were bad for always assuming the worst of me and putting words in my mouth etc), that is all rectified.

The big kids have gone to stay at their dad's for this week. They have never stayed over night with him before. For the first 10 years of our split he never saw them, but since last spring He has been consistent in his day visits with them and so I am giving him a chance at overnights. I know it is good for the kids, but I don't like it one bit. I am not used to sharing them. This week I am taking the time to declutter and keep myself busy until they are home on Friday.

In other good news, I have been talking with a gentleman for a month or so now and this week since I am down 2 kids, I can find a sitter for the other 2 much easier and so I am meeting him in person this week. And next week I have a new day care child starting fulltime.

We are back home now, new car in the driveway, quiet house, getting ready to enter into a new year with clean house, new client which means actual income coming in, and a re-entry into the dating world after 10.5 yrs of being single. Here's hoping 2012 is a great year.