Menu

The Teaching Company

Yesterday I completed an interest survey for TTC. It seems the company is considering a monthly subscription; i.e. $9.95 per month for online access to all their currently offered courses. Or something like that. I completed the survey, but also called the company to put in a vote for the subscription offering. There are so many courses I want, but can't afford. I thought the Hive might be interested.

I couldn't find the survey, but EEK, one of my favorite lecturers has a new one. Kenneth Harl. The pitiful video ad for it has some guy yapping about it with stimulating music in the background, but Harl is a funny, passionate, excited lecturer.

Yes, I would do a 10 buck a month subscription.

I'd love that, too! My one big frustration with this company is their pricing structure: very high prices, with drastic sales on certain items at any given time. It is frustrating not being able to get the one I want, when I want it, but have to wait until it's on sale. (And then something else will come up, and I won't have the money.)

I am pretty happy right now, though. DS and I have been reading/discussing Mere Christianity, and he loves it. He also loves Narnia, and said he was interested in the space trilogy (favorites of dh and me). So I thought, wouldn't it be cool to do a study on Lewis, read more of his books, and count it as an elective? TTC's course on Lewis (audio only) is pricy, but I checked again a day or so later, and it's on sale for $15.95 for audio download! :D This is perfect for us, as ds has neurofeedback three times a week right now, so we are doing a good bit of driving (the place is 30-40 min. away). So I got Out of the Silent Planet from Audible, and the lectures from TTC. We'll be making good use of our driving time!

Wendi