Menu

When to save the day?

This post is a little out of left field...but here it goes. Today I was outside in the yard. A grackle was attacking a young robin and I stepped in and saved the robin. I just couldn't stand to see the mother robin and baby in distress. Anyway, they are both okay and are off finding worms. But, the bigger question is should I have stepped in? I know nature can be cruel and certainly doesn't follow our rules, but I simply could not stop myself. What are your thoughts?

Yep I have there was a baby squirrel being chased by one of the bazillion cats the lady next door feeds and I tried desperately to save it. MY mom, who grew up on a farm, stepped in and rescued a baby bunny from bigger bully bunnies. I think it is the right thing to do!

blessings

lori

And then put out some feed, I guess. I doubt the grackle was on the verge of death, though, so he'll probably find something else later.

I never could understand how National Geographic photographers could stand by and watch the horrors of death/life. It bothers me, and no matter what anyone says, I would intervene every time. I just can't help it.

I think you did the right thing!

~Lisa

Lori,

Its all preferential. Personally, I pray for cats , hawks anything to get rid of the bazillion squirrels and bunnies I have. Sorry they are just cute rats.

Ick.

Jeannette

Truly I use to think they were cute, and the one that lives in our house is, but when you see 5 liters so far this year, wrestling in the front yard during dinner:glare:, one crazy lady who can't bear to catch them and have them fixed, and the moaning and meowing from 20 cats in the morning when the don't get feed in time they become less cute. Truly I use to love cats, but they have become out of control over at my house :glare:

Thats why I said all preferential. Maybe you could catch some of those kitties and ship them my way to kill the squirrels that knock at my door.

I keep trying to shove my poor indoor cats up to the window to scare them , but the squirrels just laugh.

I am surprised you have one squirrel, with all those cats. But, if you did not have those kitties, you would have a bazillion squirrels. In this house the people before us had outside animals, so the pop. was done, we dont have any, so now they have exploded. Its a regular Snow White forest. I am going to have to teach them to clean.

Jeannette

And then put out some feed, I guess. I doubt the grackle was on the verge of death, though, so he'll probably find something else later.

I never could understand how National Geographic photographers could stand by and watch the horrors of death/life. It bothers me, and no matter what anyone says, I would intervene every time. I just can't help it.

I think you did the right thing!

~Lisa

Yep me too, nature can happen just not on my watch:iagree: