Menu

Help me overcome my Telephone Aversion Syndrome

(This was a thread hijack on Old Dominion Heather's pool poll, but I decided to make it it's own thread.)

Talk me through this, ladies! Quote:

Originally Posted by Brigitte viewpost.gif

Do any of the local hotels offer pool memberships?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacey in MA viewpost.gif

FYI, we pay $410 (or $330 if I catch the 2 week period that they off 20% off - never largely advertised, and never the same 2 weeks each year!) for the whole YEAR for a membership at the local Radisson Hotel.

I have "telephone aversion syndrome" as was mentioned in another thread. The thought of calling a hotel and asking about a pool membership just (almost) makes me break out in hives.

I have 4 hotels within 1-2 miles of my house and would like to call them and see if they allow locals to join their pools for the summer. I need a script! Exactly what do I say/ask? To whom do I speak? If they don't have a membership plan already in place, how do I ask them if they'd consider one? (Normally I'd ask my dh to do something like this for me, but he's out of the country at the moment--anyone else want to place the calls for me? :D I'll gladly send you virtual flowers and chocolate...)

I have "telephone aversion syndrome" as was mentioned in another thread. The thought of calling a hotel and asking about a pool membership just (almost) makes me break out in hives.

I have 4 hotels within 1-2 miles of my house and would like to call them and see if they allow locals to join their pools for the summer. I need a script! Exactly what do I say/ask? To whom do I speak? If they don't have a membership plan already in place, how do I ask them if they'd consider one? (Normally I'd ask my dh to do something like this for me, but he's out of the country at the moment--anyone else want to place the calls for me? :D I'll gladly send you virtual flowers and chocolate...)

Aww!! TAS is about the furthest description of me. Heh.

I would call and say "hi, I understand that some hotels allow local community members to pay a fee to use their pool for the summer, do you have a program similar to this? Who would I speak to about that?"

Once you are connected with the proper person you would say something like: "Hi, my name is Jane Smith..." and repeat the first sentence above.

Aww!! TAS is about the furthest description of me. Heh.

I would call and say "hi, I understand that some hotels allow local community members to pay a fee to use their pool for the summer, do you have a program similar to this? Who would I speak to about that?"

Once you are connected with the proper person you would say something like: "Hi, my name is Jane Smith..." and repeat the first sentence above.

You're brilliant, Mrs. Mungo! This is perfect.

I have to call and make 5 eye appointments on Monday, and I'm already dreading it.

I've had the same problem for years. It started that my then boyfriend, now husband, said something about my accent ( English is my second language). One day I just did it. I sounded like a moron but I did it. And because that felt so good once it was over I immediately made another phone call. The next day I placed 7 phone calls :tongue_smilie:. But the first time was awful, I had heart palpitations and felt like a wreck.

Now if only I could get over my driving anxiety,too!

I've had the same problem for years. It started that my then boyfriend, now husband, said something about my accent ( English is my second language). One day I just did it. I sounded like a moron but I did it. And because that felt so good once it was over I immediately made another phone call. The next day I placed 7 phone calls :tongue_smilie:. But the first time was awful, I had heart palpitations and felt like a wreck.

Now if only I could get over my driving anxiety,too!

I love your posting name :001_smile:. Because I'm nosy, I've got to ask-what is your first language?