Menu

Christmas gift question -- what to get #3 & #4 in family

Hello! I'm hoping those with larger families can help me with ideas.

In our extended family name draw, my girls have drawn a pair of brothers who are the third (he's 2.5yo) and fourth (he's 6mo) children in their family (the older two are a boy and a girl, all are 5 and under). I've tried to contact the parents, but haven't heard back from them.

What type of gifts have been good? What sorts of things would a 3rd and 4th child need that they're less likely to have already?

Thanks so much!

I have a third child (no fourth!) and I would say anything new would be good. I was just talking with a friend about this the other day. The board books are probably all chewed up by now. A new toy for that age. New clothes for their size.

My third got new stuff but only because the first 2 were girls and he was a boy. But anything new was nice to have!

I have a third child (no fourth!) and I would say anything new would be good. I was just talking with a friend about this the other day. The board books are probably all chewed up by now. A new toy for that age. New clothes for their size.

My third got new stuff but only because the first 2 were girls and he was a boy. But anything new was nice to have!

:iagree: New toys are highly prized around here - even if they are repeats of something older siblings have had in the past. I'm rebuying things now for my youngers for Christmas because old games have lost pieces or old toys just are, well, OLD. One thing we do around here is collect Playmobile so there is always something new to buy the youngers (or a prized piece that "belongs" to an older child that a younger really wants to own). Maybe there is something like that you could add too - my littles really like the GeoTrax stuff so we add to that for them.

Another idea I just had is that if they live in a cold climate, those footie pj's are prized possessions around here because the older pairs always have worn-out toes. My littles love to get new footie pj's.

I have a third child (no fourth!) and I would say anything new would be good. I was just talking with a friend about this the other day. The board books are probably all chewed up by now. A new toy for that age. New clothes for their size.My third got new stuff but only because the first 2 were girls and he was a boy. But anything new was nice to have!

I AM the third child, and :iagree: 100% w/ the bolded!! I also had 3 kids in 2 years, and we went through at least 3 copies of Goodnight Moon, and Pat the Bunny. Don't assume it all still works! :lol: The footed pj's are also a great idea for the baby!

I didn't see your budget.

Robeez are always awesome and while I do pass them down new ones would be great.

Wooden trains for the 2.5 yo. (Ikea)

Finger puppets to entertain them (Ikea)

I agree new clothes are always awesome, winter coats. A special christmas tree ornament with their name. For the 6 month old a Tower of Time (handprint kit fro 1-5.) A special bath towel.

A bouncy ball, they tend to pop.

If you wanted to get something for them to share a Rody!