Menu

had to sell my beloved Saturn sniff

I had a 2006 Saturn Vue stick shift standard not automatic. Well dd is now driving at age 16, she is a very good driver but was scared to learn to drive a stick shift (tried to convince her but our area is dangerous enough for teen drivers, we did not want her to feel scared driving a stick shift.. She has only been able to drive dh's car and of course only when he is not working. I am getting night blindness so dd will be doing all of the night driving for me. So my stick shift Saturn had to go. I am still sad. We have a new Hyundai, it is a pretty car, we just got it last night so I have to get used to it.

Also it means that dd can do some of the driving now to her com. college classes (40 min. each way) which I had been doing all the driving to.

By the way, this Hyundai is both automatic and standard, just not a clutch. Have not figured out yet how that works.

We could not keep the Saturn as dh said we could not afford to have 3 cars and we needed the money from selling it to help buy the Hyundai.

We had the same problem with my oldest. Her choices were a Suburban (huge) or a Honda Civic (stick). Driving on NJ highways in stop and go rush hour traffic - both were a scary option for a brand new driver. We ended up buying her a used Jeep Liberty. We do still plan for her to learn to drive the stick but I didn't want her to have to concentrate on clutch/shift/release when she really needs to pay a LOT of attention to the other drivers on the road. Plus some of her most common drive - to dance/work - has a lot of hills where she would end up stopped in traffic going up a steep hill. It will take some time before she would be ready for that.

Although, I have to admit I had a Saturn years ago and hated it.

just took the new Hyundai for a ride, the heater worked quick and felt good (my Saturn always took forever to heat up and was always a little drafty but I always overlooked that as I loved the car so much). The Hyundai also has heated seats so I am trying to look at all the great features and hopefully will start to love this car (I do not do well with change lol.)

just took the new Hyundai for a ride, the heater worked quick and felt good (my Saturn always took forever to heat up and was always a little drafty but I always overlooked that as I loved the car so much). The Hyundai also has heated seats so I am trying to look at all the great features and hopefully will start to love this car (I do not do well with change lol.)

Heated seats are a wonderful thing. You should look into a remote starter (only available on automatics ;)), so nice on winter mornings to warm up the car from inside and summer days to cool it off.