Menu

If you know legos

It has been a tradition for 20 years for me to give one of my sons a lego set. He likes to put it together, but then it goes into his huge lego chest not to be looked at again until next December. Nastalgia. Anyway, I can usually find a little house or vehicle with lots of pieces for $9.99. Not this year.

If you are more in touch with legos than I am, can you post a link to a little set? I've spent 20 minutes looking and I'm just confused.

The prices begin to go up on Amazon this time of year in my experience. Can you just go to Target or Wal-Mart or whatever and get something? I haven't seen that many for $10 lately, but I've seen many for less than $20.

Another possibility might be to give him a little Lego Minifig grab bag, which are a newish item - they started doing them about two years ago. Not much to put together, but they're kind of cute and they're cheap - less than $3. People collect them.

Today I bought some Legos at Target. On the CITY collection, they were buy one, get 50% off another one. And, a few were on sale on top of that. I got one little vehicle for $5 with two guys - the moon buggy. The boat and the satellite lauch pad with vehicle were on sale for $18 each. I got the space shuttle for $25.

ETA, I think the Target sale ends tomorrow.

Edited by wapiti

Go to the Lego site and browse through the categories. I don't look at anything except the City collection. I find what I want and then I look on Amazon or shop locally at Target/Walmart. Here's an example of one that Amazon has for $10.99:

Lego City Off Road Fire Rescue

There are so many categories. You might find something cool. Good luck!