Menu

Math- are there workbooks like this?

ThreeBlessings

I'm looking for Math workbooks arranged by topic, similar to Kumon, but hopefully cheaper or with more pages and for more advanced topics. I've been printing worksheets from worksheetworks.com for review problems. I hate using so much ink, but it is exactly what I want otherwise. I print off 3-4 worksheets for each week, for example one for adding fractions, one for multi-digit multiplication, one for solving binomials, one for simplifying expressions. Then I assign one horizontal row per sheet per day, which usually works out to be 10-15 problems. The review topics can change each week. So what I need is workbooks that can take the place of printing those worksheets and answer keys(which even have some color!). Then I could tear out pages to assign instead. I know I could do without the answer keys, but I really need the time saving.

Have you seen the Key to Series? They have workbooks arranged by topic (fractions, measurement, algebra, etc). You can buy 4 of the workbooks for less than $12, but I got all the sets on Paperback Swap a couple years ago, so you could check there if you are a member.

Oh, doesn't Math Mammoth have topical workbooks (not certain as I have never looked into it)?

This isn't exactly what you're asking, but the best thing we've done in the past year is to buy an inexpensive laser printer. They are surprisingly affordable now compared to just a few years ago. We can buy generic toner cartridges on Amazon for under $20 each and get several thousand pages of text out of each one.

It might be worth considering if what you're currently doing is working and the only real concern is your printing costs.

I have a bunch of the Math Mammoth pdfs that have teaching in them. I'll have to go take a look at the other series and the Key to Series, thanks. The Developmental Math looks to be a bit out of my price range right now, probably a new printer too, but I 'll look into them anyway for future reference. Thanks everyone! :)