Menu

Stacy in WA, I'm sorry........

I didn't see your request for the sugar cookie recipe. Here it is. I like my sugar cookies crunchy, so I bake them til they get that way.

1 and 3/4 C flour

1/8 t salt

1/2 t baking powder

Combine these and set aside

1 stick butter (1/2 cup)

3/4 C sugar

Beat together

Add

1 large egg

1 t vanilla

Combine everything. Divide in half, refrigerate 1 hour. Cut shapes and chill another 15 minutes. Then I bake at about 350 until mine are crispy, but you might not want crispy, so ymmv.

This is a good recipe I like that holds it's shape and still tastes good!! I think I have pics, let me look.......

Here is my best, best, BEST tip for sugar cookies.

When you roll out the dough, use powdered sugar to flour the rolling pin and board. That way the dough does not absorb additional flour, and does not become tough. Also, that way the cookies have lovely extra bit of sweetness to them.

Ooh, thanks. I'm going to make more tomorrow, this sounds like a great idea.

Here is my best, best, BEST tip for sugar cookies.

When you roll out the dough, use powdered sugar to flour the rolling pin and board. That way the dough does not absorb additional flour, and does not become tough. Also, that way the cookies have lovely extra bit of sweetness to them.

Carol, thanks for the tip! I've never been a fan of sugar cookies because they are so dry and tasteless. I'm hoping that between Remudamom recipe and your tip that I'll find have great tasting sugar cookies.