Menu

Looking for "history re-enactment"-type videos

Jenny in GA

Hi all,

My husband and I are looking for good quality videos and/or movies for our ten year old, who loves history, that are basically a "re-enactment" with actors playing the characters.

To give you an idea what I mean -- they were watching a "Nova" show this weekend about Einstein, and it had several scenes with actors playing the parts of the different scientists and depicting conversations/arguments that had taken place. She was enthralled by that.

Makes no difference what the time period is. Thanks!

Schlessinger has 25 min. educational DVDs for grades 5-8. The have several series. One is the Middle Ages, and each one is a different topic, mostly different occupations. So one is called "Knight", one is called "Doctor", etc. There is an American History series. I think it is called something like "American History for Students". And I am pretty sure they have an ancient history series. There is a series with an archeologist named Arizona Smith, and I'm pretty sure those are Schlessinger. Names like "Ancient Maya" or some such.

They are all reenactments.

History Channel has some great stuff, too.