Menu

Holiday World and Splashin' Safari in Indiana

Wonderful park!! Free soda and sunscreen but the sunscreen was only in the swimming area when I was there. We either go to ride or go to swim, not both. I think that that would be too much for one day. Bring snacks. There are a few food places but they are expensive, crowded and just okay. Have fun, it really is a great park!

I would go to holiday world. We went last summer, to both parks, and we preferred the regular park by far. But they are connected, and you can go back and forth between the two. If you buy a one day pass, you get the second day really cheap (half price or maybe even less).

It was the best amusement park we'd ever been to... short lines, fantastic roller coasters, very clean, soft old fashioned background music, free sodas... the water park was okay, but we've been to better, and the water park just wasn't unique the way the amusement park was.

We wanted to go again this year but money is too tight. Our good friends in Illinois go every single year. We are so sad we can't go... my dd has a picture of the Legend as her screenscaver :).

Have fun! And ride the Legend for us!!

If she loves roller coasters, then this is a no brainer. You HAVE to do Holiday World. From what I understand two or three of the top ten roller coasters in the country are at Holiday World. And what's so great about them is that they are extremely well constructed... you can just tell... they don't feel like they're going to fall apart, not even the wooden ones. The largest, fastest one (the Voyager, I think...) is not wooden but it is unbelievable. You actually become weightless during one part and float off your seat. At least I did. Sort of like astronaut training! LOL

Another thing we loved about Holiday World... it wasn't an overly large park. Fewer rides but the rides were good, good quality. Sniff sniff... I wish we were going back!

Have fun!

Robin