Menu

White Stallion of Lipizza ...

Marguerite Henry has a gazillion really good horse books!

My mother read them all as a child (she had horses and loves them still) and passed them on to me. My all-time favorite is "Mustang, Wild Spirit of the West".

Glad you enjoyed it- I just love those books and get altogether too excited to see someone else who loves them, too!

There's a Mary Stewart book I really love called "Airs Above the Ground" - sort of a romance/mystery (not steamy at ALL), and the main plot centers around the White Stallions of Lipizza, which made me interested in them.

I own the book you mentioned (for a future SL core), but now I guess I'll have to go read it ahead of time! Thanks for the recommendation!

We read several of her books this year in Sonlight 1&2, and White Stallions was def. one of my son's favorite books of the whole year. I also found myself not being able to wait and see what would happen next. It was truly a joy to read...unlike some of the other read alouds like Ginger Pye Eleanor Estes.

My son would die to be able to attend a performance! We did watch a few brief clips on YouTube after we finished the book.