Menu

Looking for diaper bag backpack suggestions

I've trying to find the perfect diaper bag. :) I will have 3 in diapers very soon and I use cloth - talk about bulky. Price is not an issue. Would love some suggestions. I'm even up for regular old hiking backpack suggestions - I'm thinking that those might be good to check out?

I have a JanSport backpack, similar to this one in style. The big thing I like are the two large pockets instead of one big one. In the back large pocket I keep all the baby "accessories" like toys, snacks, blankets, etc. In the front large pocket I keep diapering things (we cloth diaper too). In the very front pocket I keep my stuff, like my wallet. I used to be a hater when it came to backpack diaper bags, but I needed something that went over both shoulders because with all the running after our kids the normal kind always fell off. Plus backpacks were just bigger. One thing that one in the picture doesn't have that I consider a must is an easy access (in my case mesh) pocket on the side for keys or putting things away quickly. Right now we use it for my cell, keys, and pacifiers.

I have a JanSport backpack, similar to this one in style.

LOL, coincidentally, I think that's the exact one I use, but in navy blue. I put diaper stuff in the front large section and clothes/food/toys in the back large section. (with just one left in diapers, lately there are books in it :))

I have one from Lands End, but they aren't currently selling a diaper backpack. (I have 2 in diapers, but only the baby uses cloth out of the house)

This past year I ditched the backpack in favor of a Vera Bradley Miller bag. I was just in the mood for a pretty bag after 4+ years of the grey backpack, but I have found that I prefer it. It seems to hold more than the backpack, which I now only take to places like the zoo. It has 6 interior pockets and then a big space in the middle. My diaper wetbag has a little snapping loop and I will take it out of the bag if things get too crowded.

VB does have a backpack that is on special today only. I'm not sure how big it is though.

Well, I'll tell you what not to get: Skip Hop Studio Bag

What a waste of money. This bag isn't nearly as nice looking up close as it is online. The faux leather is cheap looking and not durable at all. I am constantly worried that someone will kick it, step on it, or set something on it and mar the fake leather material. The fabric lining the inside also feels cheap because it's so thin; I worry that I will overstuff the pockets and rip the stitching inside the bag. Those insulated bottle pockets on the ends are useless because they don't close. They are just big, open pockets, making the insulation moot.

I am sorely tempted to just go back to my Jansport but after laying out that much $ for a diaper bag I guess I should keep on using it.