Menu

What to use after Lively Latin?

Jen500

I've been reading the threads on Latin programs. We're still doing Lively Latin Big Book 1, but I'm starting to think about what to use next. Maybe Big Book 2, or Latin Prep seems popular and I've looked at the sample at Galore Park and it looks ok. What have you used after Big Book 1? Would Latin Prep 1 be appropriate? (I'm learning along with the kids so it's hard for me to evaluate programs). Thanks!

What have you used after Big Book 1? Would Latin Prep 1 be appropriate?

My kids will do Big Book 2 and then go on to Lingua Latina or Henle depending upon where we all are. (If the kids are younger and I'm far enough along in my own studies, we'd do Lingua. If the kids are older or I'm still clueless, we'd do Henle. Ideally, we'll combine them.)

There are minor differences in Latin Prep, and I don't want to have to deal with unlearning and relearning anything.

There are minor differences in Latin Prep, and I don't want to have to deal with unlearning and relearning anything.

People seem to be coping with this by copying out the nouns in American order as a learning exercise, or alternatively sticking the American order into the book to cover up the British order.

Best wishes

Laura